As the epidemic outbreaks around the world, many people began to wear masks to protect themselves from infection.
But do you know the right way to wear a disposable mask? Can you tell the difference between the front and back of a mask and the top and bottom? Wearing the wrong mask will not only make your breathing uncomfortable and uncomfortable, but also reduce your ability to filter the air. Today I’m going to teach you how to wear a mask correctly.
Tips for wearing a mask correctly
Step 1: First we get a disposable mask and distinguish its front and back. In terms of color, the darker side of the mask is the front side, while the opposite side of the mask is lighter. From the material, generally with the hand feels smooth texture is opposite side, and feels a sense of friction is positive side. When we wear a mask, the opposite side should be close to your skin, the positive side should be outwards.
Step 2: We need to distinguish between the top and bottom of the mask. The disposable mask has a very thin and bent metal strip above which is also the top of the mask. After distinguishing between the front and back of the mask and the top and bottom, the first step in wearing the mask is to squeeze the metal strip with both hands and make the upper of the mask close to the bridge of your nose, so that the mask is not easy to fall down.
Step 3: Finally please hang two ropes of the mask above the ears. We also need to put the mask with the hand down to stretch, to put the mouth and chin all wrapped up. This is the real meaning of the mask to wear, to have the effect of dust and virus.
Four types of masks are commonly available on the market
1. Activated carbon mask
- Protection effect: It can effectively block harmful gases such as benzene, formaldehyde, peculiar smell and foul smell in the air, and protect human health. However, it cannot effectively block particles well such as “PM2.5”.
- Use with caution: Activated carbon itself is also a kind of particle, is likely to be inhaled by the wearer. COPD patients should be careful to ware.
- Usage suggestion: It can be used on special occasions, such as home decoration. When there is an obvious smell of formaldehyde, wearing an activated carbon mask can have a certain filtering effect.
2. Ordinary cotton mask
- protection effect: Cotton mask can play a very small protective effect, can only block some dust and coarse particles. If the air quality is good, this can be used. In addition, when cold air comes in winter, it is also a good choice to go out as a facial protection warmer.
- Use with caution: This kind of mask is widely used, but there are no corresponding standards and rules for use. It is not recommended for the elderly and children to use it frequently.
- Usage suggestion: The cotton mask can be disinfected by soaking in hot water and exposing to the sun every day. Do not rub forcefully when cleaning.
3.N95 professional dust respirator
- Protection effect: Professional dustproof mask has good sealing effect and is suitable for use in special environment, such as in public places with large number of people, poor air quality and poor circulation, and possibly a large number of pathogens.
- Use with caution: Respiratory resistance is large, especially not suitable for patients with cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases. It is easy for the patient to have difficulty breathing and feel dizzy because of lack of oxygen.
- Suggestions for use: People with special needs need to take off and breathe for half an hour after wearing it for half an hour. Wearing it for a long time will damage the respiratory system.
4. Disposable medical mask
- Protection effect: Surgical mask mainly filters the exhaled air to prevent infection between doctors and patients. They are mostly made from non-woven fabrics, or similar large-aperture fibers, and are not effective against PM2.5. The thicker the mask, the worse the permeability. If you do not pay attention to the use of hygiene, will also lead to the growth of bacteria.
- Use with caution: The elderly, children and other sensitive groups can be used.
- Suggestions: Wear it for about 1 hour, and take off the breath for a period of time.
- Under the outbreak of the COVID-19, please wear the medical masks and professional N95 masks to protect yourself away from the coronavirus.