How to start a handbag business from home
Starting your dream business isn’t always a breeze, but with a little guidance from entrepreneurs, you’ll be able to kick-start your own business and start selling purses online.
Start your own business from home by taking these 3 first steps:
- Find what makes your product unique. You’ll want to explore the unique selling proposition (USP) for your products to help you build out your unique brand and see what makes your product stand out from others. Understanding your USP will help you learn more about the audience you’re selling to and help you find ways to market your products.
- Establish your materials. Purses come in various different shapes, sizes, and materials. Gather all the details required to build your initial prototypes to begin exploring pricing options for your purses. Keep in mind that the materials you choose impact your USP. Once you’ve decided on your materials, create samples of each final prototype to compare and test.
- Collect your expenses to determine a price point. You’ll want to determine the cost and labor required to make each one of your products. This will help you analyze similar products within the market and help you decide on a reasonable pricing structure for each purse. Understanding costs and labor will also help you determine how many purses to make on a regular basis.
How to sell purses / handbags online
In order to start selling purses online, you’ll want to make sure your brand is established and ready for promotion. You will also want to begin exploring e-commerce platforms like Shopify where you can create your own online store.
Get your business ready to sell purses with the following five steps:
- Create a business name and logo for your website. Choose a business name and logo that represents your brand in the most unique way. Keep in mind that a good brand name is always easy to remember and speaks to the audience you’re trying to reach. If you need help creating a logo, check out Hatchful to build your own for free.
- Find a website theme that compliments your products. It’s important to choose a website theme that highlights the uniqueness of your products and lets you share your brand story. Explore free and paid Shopify themes to find the theme that’s right for your products.
- Source content for your website and social media channels. On brand imagery is essential for engaging new and existing audiences on your social media channels and for telling your brand story online. You can take pictures of your products yourself, hire a photographer, or use any of the photos in our downloadable starter kit above.
- A marketing plan. If you’re just getting started, chances are you’re looking to keep costs low and make social media your primary marketing source. Keep in mind that purse and handbag brands tend to do better on visual mediums, such as Instagram and Pinterest. Instagram also tends to skew to a younger audience, so this is likely the best platform if your target audience is younger. Pinterest’s user-base tends to skew closer to middle-aged, so if you’re selling high-end luxury purses, this might be the best channel to grow your following. You can also increase sales or sell pre-sale by allowing your followers to purchase your products directly from their social media account. Shoppable Instagram Galleries can give you the option to tag products in your images and have the tags link directly back to your online store. You can also allow customers to purchase directly through Pinterest if you’ve set up a Shopify store.
How to wholesale purses / handbags
If you want to explore selling high-end purses or handbags made by established brands, you can explore wholesale opportunities to buy products in bulk and at a discounted rate. For example, Handshake allows you to wholesale purses and handbags. This way you can corner a specific niche and/or find additional products that appeal to your audience. You can start adding more products to your online store to add variety and generate a profit without having to create more products yourself.
How to dropship purses / handbags
Dropshipping products tend to be a bit more expensive than purchasing via wholesale and shipping them out yourself. However, due to the fact that an item is only bought after it’s been purchased, you’re a lot less likely to have overstock and a lot more likely to turn a profit in the long run. Companies like Oberlo provide purses and handbags to dropship, meaning that products are shipped directly from the manufacturer to your buyers when a product is purchased. This resource is a great option for entrepreneurs to explore as it removes the responsibility to design custom purses/handbags, manufacture, and/or ship products. With this system in place, you won’t need to worry about storing inventory or shipping items out of your home either. This frees up more time for you to focus on other areas of your business, such as marketing, instead of creating a product from scratch.
We at ShopShipShake have been working with businesses like yours with fulfilling experiences. We offer one-stop services, including an efficient supply chain, over 10 thousand of China’s suppliers, and more.
With a successful track record of over 20,000 clients, we are sure to deliver your orders requirements. Let’s get in touch to build, sustain, and grow your businesses.
If you would like to know more details about us, please contact with us:
If you are interested in cooperating with us. Please register on: